We all know that it is important to take good care of our body and our brain. In fact, taking care of one just about automatically ensures good care of the other. Eat well, the body is in shape and so the brain can operate at high speed; exercise for fitness and to get good blood flow and the brain absorbs a wealth of oxygenation and revitalization. Some ideas to help you:
- Mental flex – keep your hands busy as well as your mind – knit, crochet, paint, color…
- Call a friend or family member today and share a happy story with him or her. Invite this person to share with you – happiness is contagious!
- Tell the world why brain health is important to you and to all of the people you love.
- Encourage friends to become involved with bebrainpowerful.org
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal where you have control of the ingredients, the cooking methods, and the portions.
- Get your body in the game. Do not be sedentary but rather be up and moving. It’s good for the body and good for the brain.
- Complete 3 yoga poses morning and evening and add 3 focused breathing sessions, too – in through the nose and out through the mouth for 1 minute.
- If we’re being honest, going to the doctor can be more than a little intimidating, especially when we’re asked about our family medical history. But just because it’s scary doesn’t mean we should run from it and hide. Fully knowing and understanding your family medical history – to the best of your abilities – will impact not only your health, but the health of most of your family members. You might know your family tree, but now it’s time to learn your family medical history. Schedule time to sit down with your relatives to learn more about the health risks you might face. Write down what you learn and keep a file for your records.
- Let other family members know what you find out -do you need more active minutes in each day? Do you need to cut down on certain food ingredients such as fat and sugar? Do you need to spend more time out-of-doors enjoying fresh air and sunshine? Is it time for you to add some hobbies to your life such as learning to paint, beginning to speak another language, teaching a class focused on a special talent (or two) that you possess? Taking a class on relaxation and rejuvenation? Spending more time that is devoted just to you and your well being?
- A multitude of possibilities exist – seize them and have fun.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Gini_Cunningham/146831