A lot of people clean their homes themselves, but there are a few or lots of things they do wrong or not good enough. Whether you are cleaning your kitchen, floors or any type of area there are certain things that you should stick to and those you need to change or stop doing. We’ve made a short list of the top 9 reasons why you keep cleaning the wrong way and we present it to you! We hope you find it useful and improve your house cleaning skills!
1. First of all, make sure you use the right amount of every cleaning product and detergent. Manufacturers purposely gave instructions and you should stick to them. Putting more laundry detergent in the washing machine doesn’t help to clean the clothes better. It can leave residue and that’s not what you want. The same goes for every cleaning product you use, like glass and stain removing cleaning solutions. Putting too much doesn’t get better results. Instead, try putting the right amount and see how much of a difference it makes!
2. The one mistake a lot of people make is not decluttering the areas they are about to clean. This can cause excessive cleaning procedures because people tend to place an object from the drawer to the carpet and then to another surface, which causes another layer of dirt or dust on an already cleaned surface. Make sure you put everything away before you start cleaning anything!
3. Cleaning your bare floors with a lot of liquid products doesn’t clean them better. First of all, you need to vacuum the floor to remove dirty particles and dust. Then use a liquid product when mopping, but don’t put too much, because you will end up in spreading dirt all over the floor.
4. Using cotton cloths or old towels for cleaning is not the best you can do. These fabrics don’t absorb liquid the way you need to and some of them even spread dirty particles. Instead, purchase microfiber cloths! They are known for their efficiency! They absorb liquid and dust and even after multiple washes they are good to be used in long-term cleaning procedures. The market offers a great variety of microfiber cloths for electronics and different surfaces and you can choose exactly what you need!
5. Light switches, door knobs, handles, taps and everything you touch multiple times every day, must be cleaned regularly. They should be disinfected often, because these little surfaces accumulate very high percentage of bacteria and germs. Make sure you invest more of your attention to those surfaces!
6. Spraying glass or mirrors directly is not how you are supposed to clean them properly! If you apply the product on the surface it can cause damages to its frame. Wood, plastic and different types of materials should be taken care of by spraying the product on the cloth you are cleaning with and you will not have problems with the frames!
7. People often don’t realise that pillows themselves need to be cleaned regularly. Pillowcases are not the only ones that accumulate dust mites, skin cells and sweat. Washing the pillowcase is simply not enough. Make sure you have washable pillows and put them in the washing machine every two or three months. You will sleep better and safer if you pay more attention to your pillows!
8. Storing things in your garage or any room is a thing that lots of people do. The wrong way is to store your items in a cardboard box. Moisture, mold and termites are a few of the reasons why you should use plastic, waterproof bins to store your valuable possessions!
9. A mistake a lot of people make is forgetting to clean their phones. Throughout one whole day, you touch a lot of different surfaces with your hands and we know you use your phone almost all the time. Make sure to wipe its surface every few days to get rid of bacteria and germs and stop wondering why those pimples on your face are so stubborn!
We hope this information helps you and gives you more knowledge on how to properly clean your home and valuable possessions!
Perhaps you are one of those people who try to clean their house on their own and somehow end up in forgetting something or spending too much time finding the best ways. That is completely normal, because cleaning is not for everyone and that is not shameful! We, on the other hand are perfectly prepared to clean anything in a house and achieve the best results in every room! London home cleaners offers you to take care of your home environment if you book our house cleaning service! We promise, we will definitely not disappoint you and you will probably become one of our regular customers!
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Laura_Jackson/2567476